Thursday, March 31, 2011

Celebrity Wonderment

My alarm went off this morning and the song was Keith Urban singing his newest single: "Without You".  This is obviously a song written for Nicole Kidman.  I think it's a really sweet song and it got me to thinking...what do you think Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes think of it?  Do you think Tom likes the song or is upset that this guy is writing this song about his ex-wife.  And is Katie jealous that some hunky guy is writing a nice love song for her husbands ex-wife while her husband just jumped on Oprah's couch to proclaim his love for her?  Hollywood is a massive love triangle....How do they handle it?  If normal people get divorced, it's pretty much over with and you don't really have to worry about seeing that person again if you don't really want to.  But in Hollywood, ex's are all over the place and the chances of you running into them or being an acquaintance with his/her new love are pretty good.
Which brings me to my next wonderment.  Do you think celebrities avoid seeing movies with their ex's in them or with their ex's newest love interest in them?  For instance....do you think Robin Wright would ever want to see The Nanny Diaries since Sean Penn's newest flame Scarlett Johansson stars in that?  It's so weird for me to think about.
What about viewing their own movies?  All of us at more than one time in our lives have had a lazy Saturday afternoon where we spend all day parked in front of TBS watching old movies that we have seen hundreds of times.  Do you think Julia Roberts and Danny Moder ever put the three kids down for a nap and sit down and turn on TBS only to see Pretty Woman on TV?...and if so, do they sit and watch it?  I totally would.  I would love giving behind-the-scenes info and then I would change channels when the awkward or embarrassing parts came on!
It would be cool to be famous for a week and see how the other half live.  I wonder if USWeekly or InTouch have issues of their magazines sitting around in agents offices, audition rooms, and movie sets...similar to normal people's monthly news letter that gets sent out at work.  I wonder if celebs can opt for the email version to save on paper costs for the company.

1 comment:

  1. Now you got me wondering about this stuff? My mind doesn't think that deep!

    ReplyDelete