Thursday, November 3, 2011

PinTastic Weekend!

Wow, tomorrow is Friday already and I am just NOW getting around to telling you the excitement that fulfilled my weekend last weekend.  Sorry for the poor blogging now that the Photography Challenge is done...I have a ton o' stuff going on in my life outside of blogging so STBA has kind of been put on the back burner.  I will be sure to be back in full swing after Nov. 15th and will do a major update of the fun events that are about to happen in the next two weeks.

Ok, back to the weekend.  I have mentioned the awesome site, Pinterest before...have you been there yet? If not, check it out.  If you need to get inspired for ANYTHING, I highly suggest taking a visit to that site and start searching.  It's where I found my Photography Challenge and it changed my life (ok, that was an exaggeration, but it it technically did change my life for 30 days).
Anyway, I was rummaging through Pinterest last week and found three awesome things and I ended up doing all three of them last weekend.
I give you My Weekend of Pins.

Saturday:  Newspaper Nail Polish.  Simply dip your fingernails (one at a time) into rubbing alcohol or Vodka for a few seconds, press a strip of newspaper onto your nail for about 20 seconds or so and peel off. The ink stays and you have a groovy conversation piece for your next social gathering!  Be sure to put a clear top coat on so the ink doesn't smudge--you wouldn't want to spread the news...get it??  Wa wa waaa.


Sunday: Spooky Rice Krispie Treats & Pumpkin Carving.
I made these cute little guys for a work function and they were a hit!  One took a tumble onto the floor and a guy decided to spook a few people and have it hanging from his doorway for a few days...  Another great conversation piece!


My third Pin idea didn't turn out quite as I planned, but I gave it a shot.  I saw a very cute pumpkin that was full of 'holes'.  I took out the drill and went to town.


Here is the finished product, along with Jeff & Ashley's Joker Faced Pumpkin and a few random weekend shots:

Ashley & Maize modeling by the pumpkins, Seeds & Cider and Jeff imitating his pumpkin--one could say it's Life Imitating Art.  :)




1 comment: