Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I've had...the prime of my life...and I owe it all to you

Ok, enough of Jennifer Gray & Patrick Swayze.
Time for another bathroom update.
The walls and ceiling are primed and the ceiling is bumpy!
There's not much excitement in the detail that goes into priming a room. I am sure everyone of you has primed a room at one time or another in your lives.  It was actually my first time priming EVER.  Strange?  I think so.
After all the mudding was done and the sanding dust had settled, it was time to prime.  My friend Nick the drywall guy told me to put a coat of primer on and that would allow the flaws in the walls (as in low spots, screw heads that didn't quite get enough filler, etc.) to stand out more so he could come back and fix them as needed.  So two Saturday's ago my mom and I got our Priming Faces on and were ready to rock.



It only needed one coat and as it dried, it was the perfect time of day to catch those few pesky imperfections as the sun hit them in just the right spot. We made some circles around those spots and Nick was back the next day.  He filled the low spots, gave me the go-ahead to give it one more sanding and then prime the ceiling and he would be back to spray the ceiling to get the "orange peel" look.




The next night...wa-la!  The funky looking ceiling sprayer came out and I have nice new beautiful ceiling!



This ceiling shot doesn't look like much and looks a little pinkish/orange, but it's quite the sight in real life!  :)

And here she is with her fresh face on.  



Up next:  Tiling the shower.  We've actually already started tiling, but to quote 
Kevin McCallister: I'll save these for later.



No comments:

Post a Comment