Sunday, March 3, 2013

This Calls For A Blog Post

I did the unthinkable.  After my jean shopping disaster that has been the last year plus, I decided to take a risk.  Shortly after my last post I decided to do a quick online search for the exact pair of jeans that I have at home that I love.  I love them except for the fact that they have holes in them and they would never fly for wearing to any sort of occasion outside of a BBQ and they would never pass the "please follow the dress code" rule that is put at the end of every "Jeans Day" email that comes through every so often at work.  So I do a quick Google search and low and behold, a handful of the exact jeans that I am looking for appears in the first search result on Ebay.  At first I couldn't even bring myself to click on it.  "Used jeans??... I don't think so."  But then my wise, 31 year old brain thought twice.  Why not, I thought.  Why not give them a shot.  What do I have to lose?  So I did some digging and found the pair that looked the best.  They were the right color, the butt pockets didn't have any crazy stitching, they were just what I was looking for.  And the best part??  They were $11.  Eleven dollars people.  For like-new jeans that normally cost $90.  The shipping was $5 and they were to arrive in four days.  I really couldn't go wrong.  And if for some reason they didn't work out, I was only out $16.  So not four, but TWO days later, the jeans are in my mailbox, folded all pretty in the smallest UPS cardboard envelope available.  I took them out, tried them on and they fit like a glove!  Just like I remember them doing in stores long ago before the skinny jean craze took over!  I was so happy I first of course went to a mirror to check out my rear end to make sure that looked ok.  After I was ok with that, I was over the moon and may have danced a little around in the living room with my like-new-from-a-stranger-jeans.  After a quick trip through the washer and dryer, they were officially mine and I could not be happier!!  I am so happy with them that I figured that with my vacation coming up, I could probably use a pair of capri's in the same make and model so off to Ebay I went and three short clicks later, I was the proud owner of another pair of internet, never-tried-on-before-pants.  This time the price of these were $16, but they shipped for free AND the extra bonus??  They still had tags on them!  Seriously people, I may be addicted to online used jean shopping from here on out.  It's super dangerous when you just take a quick gander on Ebay over lunch when your already signed in and PayPal has stored all of your credit card information.  No hunting for passwords, digging out your credit card from your purse or any fussing around--just click,  click and click and boom, you've bought jeans.  The carpri's also arrived in my mailbox already and they too fit perfect.  So there you have it, my used jean buying experience.
My friend texted me the other night and said "did your jeans ever come in the mail?"  I responded with "yes, they came last week and fit like a glove!!  I ordered another pair this week and they came already!"  We then went back and fourth a couple times about the jeans and I said "this calls for a blog post". 

Note, these are not my legs nor my jeans.  I am not even sure if this is the exact replica of my jeans but I figured I better have a picture in this post to even out all the text.

2 comments: