Thursday, June 9, 2011

Doodling For Dollars


Dream job...
Some people have a ‘dream job’ and some have no clue what they want to do when they grow up. I really don’t know what my dream job would be, but if I had to pick one at this very moment (besides being an E! or Access Hollywood correspondent) it would be to work in the Doodle department at Google. I have always noticed the Google homepage doodles, but not until recent months have I really paid attention to them.
I did some research today and found they have a team dedicated strictly to the Google Doodles. I have been doodling my entire life—on sidebars of notebook pages, fronts and backs of folders, my Cub bag book covers all throughout my school days and now I have a giant doodle pad on my desk at work that is on it’s third sheet. If I could see the future and knew I was going to do this post someday, I would have saved my past two giant doodle sheets and scanned them in and posted them (they would have also made pretty good resume-material if I did ever decide to apply at Google). But since I went against my Grandpa’s policy of “never throw anything away”, those sheets, along with hundreds of past notebooks and folders are long gone. What I do have though, are these two awesome, high quality pictures (taken with my mid 2000’s flip phone) of some of the doodles that currently reside on my doodle pad. Sure, my doodles aren’t as “professional” looking as the Googlers, and consist of a lot of random lines, shading and weak attempts at the Twins logo, but I feel they come in pretty close! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment