Monday, June 20, 2011

Kwik trip--tons of fun!


What happens on the Kwiky…
Stays on the Kwiky.
I ventured out sailing with two of my uncles to the Apostle Islands on Lake Superior this past weekend. I can’t go into great detail because of the Kwiky pact, but it was an awesome time filled with a lot of snacks, hardly any adult beverages *wink wink* and a ton of laughs! I learned the ropes of sailing…which, ironically, aren’t called “ropes”, they are called “lines”, watched a massive orange fire burn above the tree tops on the island across the way from us, only to realize a minute later that the "fire" was actually a beautiful full orange moon on the rise...and listened to my fill of Kenny Chesney’s “Be As You Are (Songs From An Old Blue Chair)” album to last a lifetime (or at least until the next sailing trip!).  After a beautiful sail Friday out to our Stockton Island destination and a very cold sail back on Saturday (which, I hate to admit, but I spent a good part of the day inside playing solitaire and napping by the coal stove instead of braving the cold), we went to Madeline Island where we hung out for a few hours before heading to the Port Superior Marina for the last night on the Kwiky.

No comments:

Post a Comment