Sunday, July 15, 2012

4th of July

Yea yea, It's well past the 4th of July, which in turn makes this post old news, but better late than never.  My fourth was extra awesome this year.  Not only did we do our usual big family gathering with games, prizes, food and fireworks on the 30th of June, but I took extra days following the 4th off of work and went sailing with two of my uncles to the Apostle Islands on Lake Superior.  To say it was fun would be an understatement!  Sun + wind = perfect sailing weather.  We even anchored by Madeline Island Wednesday night and saw a beautiful fireworks display that I swear, lasted at least 45 minutes.


Thursday late morning we headed out to our Julian Bay destination on Stockton Island.  The wind was perfect and the sun was HOT.  As I sit here and type over a week later, my legs are still peeling from the lack of sunscreen I used.  Once we hit our destination, the dinner was set out to thaw and we had a beautiful sunset to watch.






Friday unfortunately didn't bring us the best weather.  Some very questionable clouds cut our open water time short and we headed straight back to the slip before the storm hit.  It was fine though.  We hung out on the boat for awhile before going into town before dinner.  Speaking of dinner, we met some friends that enjoyed our leftover brat buns.  We think they were husband/wife, but we nicknamed one of them Chaz Bono due to the random green markings on her head that indicated she may be going through a sex change.




Sunday the 8th was the much anticipated Brothers Of the Sun concert at Target Field.  
Tim McGraw came out first.  The outfit he had on may lead you think he came out of the closet, but nope, he just likes his jeans tight I guess!  He's hot and he knows it.  I guess you can pull it off though when you are Tim McGraw and your arms are the size of small cannons and your butt is as tight as a drum.  I wonder what Faith Hill thinks...even if my husband was that good looking and in shape, I don't know that I'd let him out of the house wearing that!


Kenny came out next and was his usual awesome self!  Singing and bounding around the stage and letting the audience sing a long to more than a couple songs.  Ironically, he had on the same shirt that he wore last time he was here in concert.


Tim came back out after Kenny's set and they did four songs together.  Tim changed clothes and his blue jeans may have been a smidge tighter than the white ones.  You be the judge.




 There you have it!  My sailing turned concert turned fashion police 4th of July blog post!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment