Saturday, July 21, 2012

Oh, Crop!

Looks like my garden is once again pretty much a lost cause.  I think I just have to face the music that I don't get enough hot sun back there to get the plants up to their full ability.  I picked all of my "crops" the other day and here's what I came in with:  Two jalapenos, a really pathetic "red" pepper and a pretty sorry excuse for a cucumber.


Next year if I feel the need to grow food again, I will stick a potted something on my back patio where the sun beats all day.  Until then, I will have to deal with the fact that my dreams of having full bell peppers and a boatload of cucumbers by summers end, are shattered.
I have managed to make a couple kick ass wraps with my cucumber however, so the cause wasn't totally lost.
In case you want to try it at home:  Cucumbers (duh), onion, mayo, butter, salt and pepper.  If I'm feeling extra spunky, I'll throw a Kraft Single on there as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment