Thursday, January 26, 2012

If These Walls Could Talk....

They'd yell and scream at me for not blogging about them yet!
Sorry for the absence.  I'm back and will try to stay more on top of things.

Anyway....the walls in the bathroom are up!  There was a wall raising party two weekends ago and it was a dusty, glorious sight.  Two of my friends came over and cut the drywall and cement board to perfection while I screwed in screws.  About 4 hours later, the walls were up and they looked smokin' good!  We (we meaning my friend Nick (red hat)) and I didn't get to taping and mudding until later in the week, but as of this very moment, layer 3 of mud has been sanded (courtesy of Jeff) and just some minor tweaks have to be done behind the toilet where a lot of little cuts had to happen in order to go around the water valve thing.  Other than that, they should be ready for one more once-over with a sanding block, a good ol' fashioned wipe down and all set for some primer!
After the walls are premiered, my friend Nick will come back and spray the ceiling.  I believe the plan is to do what he calls "orange peel" to the ceiling.  It will have a slight texture to hide all of the flaws that are currently hanging out up there.

Here are Nick & Bill loving me taking their picture.  Bill is doing some serious re-wiring of one of my light fixtures...



Not to worry...there will be a cut made for the window...


Nick hanging the cement board in the shower...


Me gettin' my mud face on a couple days later...


Gettin' in serious mud mode...


The pretty (almost) final product after layer 3 of mud was sanded.



Ignore the hole in the wall where the radio is sitting.  My new/old medicine cabinet will eventually go back into that spot.
She's starting to kind of look like a bathroom again, isn't she?


No comments:

Post a Comment