Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lost.

I've been searching high and low for the past two days for something and I cannot for the life of me, find it.  It's so strange to think of it just sitting somewhere, waiting to be found.  Like it's a little small person just shouting with the smallest voice "I'm right here!  Look right here!  Here I am!".  While looking for this particular item last night in my  basement, I randomly looked over by my water heater and there, sitting happy as can be on the water heater was a flashlight that is usually upstairs in the cupboard above the fridge.  I know the last time the flashlight was used was about two months ago when Jeff was working on some pipes in the basement.  Had I gone to use the flashlight since then, I would have searched all over trying to find that thing.  While the entire time, it has been patiently sitting on the water heater for the last two months, just waiting to be found and put back in its proper place.  When I saw it I actually pictured a little voice saying "you found me!"  I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't actually looking for him, but I did put him back in its proper place so I know where to look when I need him again.  OK, now I sound crazy because you think I'm actually talking to my flashlight!
And why is it that the thing you are looking for always ends up in the place you thought you'd put it so you "wouldn't forget it was there".  That's why I say it's better to have an organized mess than to be organized.  At least if you have a mess, you can see everything out in the open.  I work for a company that makes organizing products for offices but I hardly use any of the products.  My projects are always scattered across my desk so I can see everything I have going on at a glance.  If it's tucked away and "organized" somewhere, I forget about it and when it's time to find it, I don't know where it is!
OK, enough of the mindless chatter.  Send that chant my way...how does it go...?  "Mary Mary, look around, something's lost and can't be found..."??  I don't know if that's right, but either way, send vibes my way that the item (along with another item that's been missing for about 2 years) will show up unexpectedly!


No comments:

Post a Comment