Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Artsy Fartsy

This past weekend, my friend Kari and I got our paint groove on.  We busted out the paints and canvases just like the days back at 308 Ave. in St. Cloud.  It was almost like old times.  I spread out some very old sheets-turned-paint throws, a folding table, chairs, paints and we watched the Olympics, painted to our hearts content and chatted away.  It was a lot UN like our last painting experience where were getting "advice" on how to paint from tree hugging art "instructors".  This time we were free to paint whatever we wanted and however we wanted.  Kari chose to make a silhouette of her dog, Mason and I was inspired by this post on a blog I read to do some putty knife/textured artwork.  After I finished my painting, Kari was still working on her Mason Masterpiece, so I took another stab at a smaller canvas.  Both aren't perfect and probably won't sell for millions until long after I kick the bucket and can reap any of the profit, but hey, they'll do for now.

This table looks so inviting, even the girl on TV wants in on the fun!



Painting number two.

Painting number one.


No comments:

Post a Comment