Sunday, December 30, 2012

Who?

Yesterday my friend Kari and I went to the MOA to see the HGTV Property Brothers.  I am sure any HGTV Junkie will know who these brothers are but for those in the back, these guys are identical twins that have a show on HGTV.  One is a realtor and one is a contractor.  They take people looking to buy a house and help them find one...but with a little twist.  The couple will tell the brothers (Jonathan and Drew...Jonathan being the longer-haired, contractor in the plaid shirt and Drew being the realtor in the shirt and tie) what they are looking for in a house and what their budget is.  Most people have super high expectations and a lot on their "checklist" that they want.  Drew and Jon will first take them to a house that meets all of their requirements but unknown to the future home buyers, is way out of their budget.  The brothers are basically giving them a reality check and saying "Listen, you want all of this stuff but can't afford it.  Why don't we find you a fixer-upper that we can modify to meet more of your needs and wants."  This is where Jonathan comes in with his eye for opening up walls, renovating kitchens and everything in between.  He takes the run-down homes and does a computer generated design of what a couple of the fixer-uppers could look like.  The couple then picks one home and Jonathan gets to work.  It's a fun show and the brothers are cute together and even cuter together in real life.




Kari and I stood in line for about an hour, got a wrist band, waited for another hour and then the brothers came out and spoke for about a half hour and then signed autographs and took pictures.  I had them sign a paint sample swatch for me just to be a little different. 


 I also may have brought Jonathan something special...I gave him a before & after picture of my bathroom renovation project and on the back I put a picture of myself and said something along the lines of: "Jonathan, this is for inspiration for your next bathroom renovation.  Check out my blog (insert link here) to see more pictures (or just to drop me a line...I am also single!)."  It's a long shot but you never know!  They claim they answer all of the questions they get through their Facebook and Twitter accounts...I wonder if this counts as a question and if they will take the time to visit my blog...  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment