Monday, September 10, 2018

She has risen.

Well, I've dusted off the ol' keyboard and am going to attempt to resurrect this here blog.  I can't guarantee how long it'll last or if it'll even make it past this post, but I'm going to give it a shot!  Instagram seems to have killed the blog world, but I do miss actual reading blogs of yore.  Prior to glamorizing their lives on the handheld screen, one snap at a time, people actually took time to write, which was fun!  I don't know really what my excuse is for deserting my blog, except that it's a dedication to write a blog post and it can take time if you want it to be good, juicy ramblings! 

My last post was November of 2014.  Almost four years ago.  Seems like a lifetime.  A lot has happened since then.  Some of the highlights: I've had a child, gotten married, moved homes (and cities) and had another child.  I'm still currently residing daily for 8 hours in the same old blue office chair in Hastings, Minnesota and have gained a lot more knowledge in the filing industry.  So if you are ever in need of filing assistance, I'm your main point of contact.  Never forget it.


My weeknights spent golfing, bowling and playing kickball have been replaced with cleaning up spilled milk, playing with and chasing two sassy, yet very cute daughters, and watching whatever trending (or not trending) shows are on Netflix.  Of course that's not ALL I do, but the life with small children as of now is pretty much set in a predictable pattern.  And I'm fine with that for now.  :)


I've been on a couple pretty awesome road trips in the last few years with my husband.  For our honeymoon, we pretty much got in the car and drove.  We had a route set until the night before we were set to leave and a fight about the route broke out while packing and I thought the world was crashing down.  It wasn't, and it all was fine and it ended up to be a great, memorable trip.  We drove to the Gulf of Mexico, stopping in Nashville, and Louisville on the way.  We made a pit stop in New Orleans, stopped a few places on Route 66 on the way back and caught a movie in Independence, Missouri on our last night.



We are set for another short trip coming up.  We have no set plan so we'll see where the road brings us.  Maybe I'll blog from the road...?  Or maybe I won't make empty promises!

Well, it's been fun getting my fingers tapping on these keys again and putting something out there for whomever still gets email updates about this here blog.  Hopefully I'll be back real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment