Monday, January 10, 2011

R.E.S.P.E.C.T

After fiddling with my page over the past three or so days, I've come to the conclusion that blogs can be a huge pain in the butt and a huge savior at the same time. 


I built up this whole blogging thing to be something awesome.  I had all these ideas of what my blog would be called, how I would design the background (because I wasn't going to settle for a pre-made background..oh no, I had to try to run the marathon without even training! *note to self* don't think you are going to jump in to the wide world of web without meeting some nasty spiders on the way through!), and what I would write about.  
Turns out that coming up with a catchy name was more pressure than I thought, designing the background was easy but getting it to be perfect on screen is still somewhat of a mystery and when it comes down to it, I don't have that many interesting things to write about!
Why are ideas always so much better in your head??  I envy those few other blogs that I follow who's owners are able to write with such ease and have a newfound respect for the web guru's out there who dive into millions of characters of code each day so our websites can look good.  Thank you!


After all of the issues I have had with my blog, it wouldn't be where it is today without the help of some others along the way.  I turned to a lot of places, but one in-particular got me through the toughest times  *insert sappy music, ala, The Brady Bunch when Peter confesses he broke the lamp* to date.  If you ever need background help, I highly recommend this blog; it was my savior:  http://www.blogaholicdesigns.com/2010/08/how-to-remove-inner-background-from.html


Hopefully now I can move on with my issues and just Shut Up and Blog (catchy new bumper sticker, perhaps??).  Thanks to my few followers; hopefully I will have something more interesting to write about in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment