Thursday, January 27, 2011

Little Pink Tiles

"Oh ain't that America for you and me
Ain't that America somethin' to see baby
Ain't that America home of the free
Little pink tiles for you and me"

Just a little twist on a John Mellencamp song to get this post started.
It's been over a week since my last post.  I haven't really had anything earth shattering to write about so I haven't written.  Sorry to disappoint (Scott).  I will try to write more frequently.  I can't imagine having the pressure of writing for a sitcom or writing a book and having to make deadlines and having to think of clever things to say all the time!

My bathroom in my house is pretty outdated.  I have loved the vintage/retro little pink tiles on the floor since the first house showing and have never wanted to part with them.  I have dreamed of this awesome retro/modern pink bathroom that will someday be when I can scrape up the money to have it done (anyone interested in donating to the cause?  :) ).  I knew the walls had to go for a couple reasons; A., the tiles are plastic and periodically I will find one on the floor and will have to carefully set it back into it's proper place on the wall; and B., the tiles along with the floral wallpaper seem to scream late 80's rather than vintage 50's.



After being emailed an article from Tuesday's paper Bathrooms still in the pink, I realized I wasn't alone in my love for my pink bathroom.  People are loving and embracing their pink bathrooms and want more people to do the same.
There is even a website out there where you can pledge to save your pink bathroom: www.savethepinkbathrooms.com  I haven't made the pledge but will probably do so once I am on my way to giving at least the walls a facelift.

No comments:

Post a Comment