Friday, July 15, 2011

Weird and Wacky Mail...I mean Male.


Once in awhile I will get an unmarked (or sometimes marked) envelope in the mail that is not junk mail. An instant smile comes across my face when I get a handwritten envelope addressed to me. Who doesn’t love a handwritten something? Yesterday this happened. I opened the mail box to see an envelope marked with blue ink. Now even though the envelope had a return address, I knew instantly by the handwriting who it was from. My friend has this funny thing she does once in awhile where she sends random things in the mail that she knows people will get a kick out of. It’s a great surprise, and they are always hilarious. Whether it’s a ridiculous Fashion Police section from US Weekly, a random advertisement or a wacky newspaper article, they always make my day.
I opened the envelope to find this article from the NY Post about a guy with Julia Roberts' face tattooed all over himself. Now my friend and I are big Julia Roberts fans; I am pretty sure we quote a line from My Best Friends Wedding every time we are together. I am not exaggerating. It’s a little weird, but not weirder than this:
Seriously, who would do this???? This is BEYOND obsessive. I am sure there are plenty of 12 year old girls out there with Beiber Fever and have his posters all over their bedrooms, but over 80 permanent tattoos of the same person? That is just freaky! If I was Julia I don’t know if I’d be more creeped out by the guy himself, or the fact that it looks like only 1 out of all those tattoos actually resembles her. I would probably write to the guy and tell him he should demand his money back from the obviously blind tattoo artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment