Friday, September 23, 2011

Sleepy in St. Paul Park

You know the scene in Home Alone where Peter and Kate McCallilster over sleep and wake up to the sound of someone pounding on their door, Kate yells Peter's name, they jump out of bed simultaneously and shout "we slept in!" ?  That was me this morning but instead of being late for the airport to catch a plane to Paris, I was late for a mediocre day at work.
When I woke to daylight, rather than the usual 5:24 darkness, I rolled over and thought to myself "this can't be happening again"...looked at the alarm clock and see it's blinking 6:14 in my face...almost flashing at me *ha.ha.you.did.it.again*  I pressed the little button on my phone to see the dreaded numbers: 7:48 (I start work at 7:30) and for the second time this week, I had over slept.  I said a few choice words as I flew down and brushed my teeth; not showering for the 2nd time this week (thankfully not in a row) threw an outfit together and was out the door by 8:06.  Thank God for semi-long hair, hair binders and body spray, I was able to discreetly hide the day-old dirty hair with a few tucks and twists and douse myself with Bath & Body Works Secret Wonderland to (hopefully) mask whatever night aroma decided to crawl onto me while I slept.
At least today I had a semi-excuse for over sleeping (the mysterious power outage)...Wednesday I had no excuse at all...I actually slept THROUGH my alarm clock ringing for 1 hour--I woke up to daylight at 8:10 in the same spot I went to sleep in, meaning I didn't even move over to hit the snooze button on my clock, I slept like a rock while K102 blasted through my radio.
Here's to hoping next week I won't have any mornings like Kate and Peter and the whole McCallister family (besides Kevin) did the day they flew to Paris and that I won't have the song from Home Alone running through my head as I rush out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment