Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Built-in Non-Blues

The built-in is in!!!!  I don't know if I have been this excited since the plumbing was finished!!
I don't think I mentioned this before, but when I decided I was going to re-do my bathroom and soon found out I would be starting fresh from the studs, I knew I wanted a built-in in the shower/tub.  I always drool over these when I see them in magazines, other bathrooms I visit, show rooms at The Tile Shop, etc., so I knew it was a must.  Instead of having my friend who will put up the cement board & drywall make a bunch of extra cuts and try to fabricate one of these baby's, I decided to just purchase a pre-made one at The Tile Shop.  It was a lot easier and will save a lot of extra work when it comes to putting in the cement board in the shower.

The instillation was pretty simple.  Not that I did it all myself, but I probably could have if I had 4 hands and knew how how confidently use the saw without worrying that I will chop off a hand or something.  Anyway, we basically did some measuring, took a chunk out of the center 2"x4", cut some smaller 2"x4" pieces to make a little "frame" and shoved that puppy in there.  After making sure it was level and centered, we screwed it in place.  It's all secured and ready to be tiled directly onto it.
Speaking of tile....it's all ordered (floor, walls and possibly some accents???) and will be ready for pick up tomorrow.  I don't think I will show you until it's on the walls/floor though.  That way if you don't like it, it's too late; it's already done!!  :)   I also have other necessities either on order or in my possession... Matching sink & toilet, anyone??  How about some groovy hardware to go on that fancy new sink??  That's right, it's all here.  You'll have to wait on those though, too!
Can you tell I am excited?  No, you can't??  Well I am!  

Anyway, here is the built-in, sittin' in her permanent spot all nice & pretty.  Doesn't she look cute?  It's like she was meant to be sitting there all along.  And remember, although her blue color does give off a nice "look at me" glow, she will not be staying that color.  She will be covered with tile and grout in hopefully no time!  I also guess this means I will have to switch from my $2 Suave shampoo/conditioner to something a little more fancy to go on display in my awesome built-in.  I wouldn't want to show it off and then have to explain why I am so cheap when it comes to my hair care products!

*keep reading after you look at the beautiful built-in.  I pulled a two-post(er) tonight and you can read all about that insulated wall you see in the built-in pictures below.


**the built-in doesn't look centered in this picture, but I assure you, it's dead straight
 in the center of the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment