Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I don't know what's cooler...

The fact that:

A. Boy Meets World, the show that my brother and I spent countless hours watching while we probably should have been doing homework, is coming back to TV as a spin-off called "Girl Meets World".

B. The show will feature original cast members Corey Matthews and Topenga Lawrence (played by Ben Savage and Danielle Fischel).  This may not mean anything to some of you, but let's just paint a little picture:  Lucy & Ricky, Mike & Carol, Ross & Rachel, Zack & Kelly and Corey & Topenga.  After Saved By the Bell ended and Zack and Kelly were no longer, tweens had to turn to another 'it' couple.  Enter Boy Meets World where Corey and Topenga were little childhood playmates who finally "went steady".  Such a sweet story. 

In related news....the 11 year old girl who will play the role of Corey and Topenga's daughter just Tweeted the official announcement.  An 11 year old, people.  Tweeting.  Let's get some perspective.  When I was 11,  I was just trying to get by without peeking down at my hands in keyboarding class when we had "library" time and had to memorize the home row and then the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog about five hundred times after that.  Now these kids are typing on mobile devices and sending messages out to the world!  Crazy.

I wonder how the show will do.  No doubt tweens will love it and I am sure people my age will tune in just to see what their old pals Corey and Topenga are up to these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment