Thursday, January 10, 2013

Walmart Run

Things I witnessed and/or Discovered On My 30 Minute Walmart Trip Today Over Lunch:

  • A grown woman was wearing shorts and sandals.  Let's be reminded that it's only 39 degrees outside today, not 70.
  • The boy working in the electronics department claimed he knew nothing about antennas for old tube TV's...turned out he knew more than he thought - I bought one.
  • Don't try to ring up any electronic device in the self-checkout line...it will ask you to set you electronic aside and a service team member will assist you.
  • The head of the self-checkout section disguises herself in street clothes and doesn't stay at her assigned perch at the head of the four-section self-checkout section.  Once her attention is finally got, said person can't figure out the electronic device hiccup either and sends me to a regular cashier.  I wonder how she got promoted to Head Cashier...
  • Walmart needs to have cashier lanes open closer to the regular door, not just over by the grocery section.
  • While waiting in the new line, the elderly cashier says hello to two people who walk past her line.  She calls the first one by name (Gloria) and does a long, awkward wink at Gloria's friend who is close behind.  I got the feeling that the elderly cashier and Gloria's friend know something about Gloria that Gloria doesn't know they know.
  • Elderly cashier called me honey about 6 times in my 2 minute visit with her.
  • While making the long trek to the opposite end of the store with my new purchases, I passed the head of the self-checkout (woman disguised in her street clothes).  We made eye contact and she didn't even bother to ask if I had gotten everything figured out ok.  She probably forgot who I was in that short amount of time even though I was carrying a large shovel...the same shovel she had to avoid and step around when she first tried and failed at helping me ring up my electronic device.
  • As I was leaving the parking lot some woman in a large truck thought she owned the entire lot and was driving right down the middle of the isle.  Luckily I have a small car so I could avoid her with ease.  I may have said a profanity to myself as I passed her.  In her defense I was driving down the wrong way, but still...it was a short distance that I had to go and there was no need for her to drive right down the middle, especially when she could clearly see me coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment