Monday, March 28, 2011

Kenny Chesney in the house

What an absolute BLAST Kenny Chesney was in concert on Friday night!  Oh my gosh!  I have seen him before but had forgotten how much energy and life that guy has in him when he puts on a show.  Even if you don't like country music (which, let's be honest, most of his music could fall under the Jimmy Buffet category rather than country), it would have been awesome to be there.
K.C.  had Uncle Kracker and Billy Currington both open for him which was also super cool.  I hadn't really liked much of Uncle Kracker's music before but after seeing him open the show and then have a three or four song impromptu jam session with Kenny and Billy later in the night, he started to grow on me.
K.C. played for over three hours... his birthday was on Saturday so he wanted to try to play until midnight to ring in his b-day with us.  He cut it about 5 minutes short of midnight, but it was still awesome.  You could totally tell he was winging the last hour of his show...you would see him go up to his band during a long stretch of "instrumental" during a song to tell them what to play next and at one point he told us to forgive them if they can't remember some of the words of their own songs!
Here are some pics from the show.  I borrowed them from the St. Paul Pioneer press because my camera battery died right before KC came on.  These are much better than the ones I would have taken anyway!


Speaking of cameras... the couple behind us asked me to take a picture of them.  Well for some reason (based on the way she handed the camera to me), I thought it was one of those new cameras where you can see yourself on each side (like when trying to take a picture of yourself).  It was really thin like an iphone, and the way she handed it to me, it seemed as though that was the way she wanted me to hold it to take it.  It was also dark in there at this point so I had no idea what the button situation was on the top.  So, here I am holding out the camera, pressing the button to take a picture of them when all of a sudden the flash goes off in MY FACE!  HOW EMBARRASSING!!!  I obviously was supposed to turn the camera around but didn't think I had to based on how she handed it to me!!  We all were laughing about it and I told them: "you can delete that one when you get home".  Imagine when they upload the pics to their computer and go to show their friends...  "here's Uncle Kracker when he opened.., here is Billy Currington singing 'Pretty Good At Drinkin' Beer'..., and here's this girl who didn't know how to use the camera and took a picture of herself."

2 comments:

  1. OMG LEI-- i'm laughing out loud at this- i CAN just picture it-- your doo damn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see Leiann's face turn red in the dark!

    ReplyDelete