Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sights of San Diego

After taking a few days to compile some of my pictures from our trip (I took over 300 so you are lucky I am not putting them all on here!) I am finally ready to post them!
As everyone knows, photos don't to justice to the real thing, so take these pictures and boost your imagination to 500% and you might get a glimpse of just how beautiful everything was!

Some of you have already gotten a sneak peek at these photos but here goes for the others who haven't.

     Awesome park that I discovered on the map.  I absolutely loved this place.  We went there twice and I could just sit for hours on these cliffs watching the waves, surfers and of course the sunset.  The drive up the hill to get there was unreal as well.  The houses were so pretty and unique and the ones lining the cliffs were massive and so awesome...I can't imagine what it would be like to see that view every single day!  Sign me up!

      Trolley tour we went on the first day.  This was a perfect way to spend our first whole day.  We got to get on and off as we pleased and it was a great way for us to discover places that we wouldn't have otherwise known about.  We ended up going back to Seaport Village (photo of mom & dad) and Old Town twice while we were in S.D.  If not for the Trolley Tour, we wouldn't have known about them!
I would highly recommend this tour, even if you ride along and don't get out at any stops; it's very informative and you learn a lot of misc. things about the city.  :)



     The zoo pics don't need much explanation.  We went to the zoo all day on Friday.  It was so cool!  It makes the MN zoo look like the State Fair petting zoo.  Between my mom and I, we have a ton of animal pictures, but I took a select few of my favorites.  You will notice the peacock...they probably have three peacocks roaming the zoo freely.  They were so tame and let you get super close.  I would have had a good shot of me right next to one on a railing if the dumbo that was before me hadn't scared the poor bird off!

     Coronado Island is also a wonderful place we visited.  The homes are unreal and the hotel on the island is one of the best in the country.  The red peaks are all part of the hotel and that's not even all of it.  They have massive beach side bungalows that you can rent for probably a pretty penny.  The hotel was built in the late 1800's and still has some of the original parts to it, including a gate elevator (like on Titanic) with an elevator operator!
My mom and I rode this original wood carousel that was a part of Seaport Village (from the above collage) and the bottom middle is my parents at Sunset Cliffs.


We went to Point Loma on the last day.  Point Loma was a landing place for Juan Cabrillo in 1542.  It then turned into a place for the military to hide out in during WWII.  It is now a park and still home to naval training.  The top middle is the grounds/housing for the U.S. Coast Guard.
Bottom left is a statue in Seaport Village.  It was modeled after the famous Life Magazine shot that was taken at the end of the war of the sailor kissing the nurse.
bottom middle and right is our lovely hotel on Shelter Island.


I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment