Monday, November 26, 2012

Splle chek

Sometimes I wish the computer was always smarter than me.  We all know that computers are only as smart as the people who program them, but I wish sometimes they would go above and beyond.
Tonight my oh so-smart-brother texted me a quote from my own blog.  I read it and immediately knew why he was sending the quote.  In my "bloopers" reel from my October photo challenge, I meant to write the word "barely" but wrote "barley" (as in, another word for 'beer'), instead.  If the computer was smarter than me, he (or she) would have read the entire sentence that I had typed and realized that the word "barley" didn't make sense in the context it was placed in and made the red squiggly line under it.   But since the brains behind Apple and Microsoft have yet to make the computer think like a human, we will never know until someone points it out to us, that we used another name for "beer" instead of "barely".
If you are having dejavu right now, don't be alarmed, I have written about this before.  And if you dare to go back to that post, I will tell you my friend's emailing skills haven't gotten any better.  We have yet to talk about a couch again, but she now has the bad habit of spelling the word Vikings with a 'c'...as in "Vickings".  After multiple months of her doing it, I finally called her out.
Please feel free to pass along any future spelling mishaps you may run across on my blog.  I don't claim to be an English major so it actually gives me a nice laugh when my stupidity is pointed out.  Please don't correct my punctuation though, I know that's probably way off the charts when it comes to errors!


No comments:

Post a Comment