Thursday, August 11, 2011

close, but no cigar...

Working in Dakota County, the water-cooler has been buzzing this morning (ok, that's an exaggeration...we don't actually have a water-cooler and I have only heard a few rumblings) because the winning Powerball ticket for last night's drawing was bought in Dakota County.  As far as I know, the winner of $228 mil. hasn't stepped forward yet and when I heard this news, I thought about my brother and sister-in-law who buy tickets all the time.  For a minute, I had high hopes that they were the winners and I would soon be getting rich from being the good sister + in law that I am.
Turns out, they didn't get tickets for last nights drawing so I am still the 'working hard for my money' person that I was last night.  I'm not saying that if they had bought tickets they would have won, but it obviously would give you more hope...Think of it, the winning ticket sold in your own backyard. 
How much do you want to bet that lottery sales for Minnesota will be a tad higher this week in hopes that luck will strike twice in one place?  I know I will opting not to 'pay at pump' today when I fill up on gas.  "Pump 7 and two Powerballs please".  And, "yes, I have cash for the Powerballs".
article from KSTP.com

No comments:

Post a Comment