Thursday, August 4, 2011

That Smell

Why is it that when you eat at certain places, you can be in the restaurant for five minutes and come out smelling like the grease bucket outside of the Cheese Curd stand at the State Fair?  Then you can eat at other places and you can be there for hours, and the only evidence that you were there is the small amount of buffalo wing sauce still wedged underneath your thumbnail.
As mentioned before, I worked at a restaurant for a long time--at the end of my shift I would come home and my mom would tell me that I reeked and that I had to throw my clothes in the wash.  I never noticed the smell until I stopped working there and now I can smell that smell a mile away.
I ate at a restaurant over lunch today and now here I am at my desk, sitting in my own stench.  I really hope nobody comes over and talks to me--if they do, you know I will apologize in advance for my smell!
I've always avoided it in the past, but I may have to make my way over to the little shelf in the women's bathroom where people dump their unwanted lotions and perfumes and lather up to disguise my grease infested clothes.

1 comment: