Tuesday, October 16, 2012

30 Day Photography Challenge - Days 15 & 16

Day 15: Silhouette. 

Since I have to be glued to my office chair for 8 hours of the day, wouldn't it be just my luck that the evening I needed some sunlight to take a silhouette picture, the sun would say goodbye before I got home?  That's what happened so I had to improvise.  I had my friend Kristi over and with Thomas Edison's help (and a little Photoshop work), we were able to get this shady photo in.  Not the best in the west, but it'll do.


Day 16: Long exposure.

Unfortunately I had to improvise a bit on this shot too.  As I stated last year, this photo challenge was probably meant for people with mad photo skills and have big fancy cameras that allow you to control basically everything.  I unfortunately don't have the pleasure of having a camera like that so I had to wing it.  I did turn the camera to "manual" mode but I couldn't control the exposure time, so I just did what I could.  This was the scene on my kitchen table when I got home from work today.  The sun was shining so nice on my fall table that I just felt it needed a good picture.  I love the shadow that the flowers are casting.  It feels like the perfect blend of summer and fall, don't you think?



...and in other news, congratulations to my friends Kari and Miguel who had their adorable baby boy today!
Cruz Delgado came into the world today at 3:08 pm.  Congratulations Kari & Migulel!



No comments:

Post a Comment