Wednesday, October 24, 2012

30 Day Photography Challenge Days 23 & 24

Day 23:  Sunflare.

So I am totally bummed about this photo.  Last year on day 23, the Sunflare turned out to be one of my favorite photos of the entire challenge.  I must have really bad luck this year because on the day I needed clouds, there was hardly a cloud in the sky and the day I needed sun there was absolutely no sun to be found.  Don't get me wrong, I know the sun was actually somewhere, that's why we were able to see in daylight without having lights on, but there weren't any sun rays.  The sun was hidden behind rainy clouds all day long.  So once again, I had to improvise.  You have to look real hard, but looking up at this light in the ceiling, you can see what may look like a representation of a sunflare.  It's kind of like tanning in a tanning bed rather than tanning outside; you get the same effects, but you are just inside looking up at artificial light instead of the sun.  Ok, that probably made no sense whatsoever, but you get the idea, right?


Day 24:  Animal.

This is getting ridiculous.  Once again, I had to make something up for the photo today.  I guess I shouldn't feel too bad...this is in fact my challenge and I really don't have to follow the rules if I don't want to.  I still feel kind of bad though.  Anyway, since I wasn't around any animals at all today (yes, some may argue that humans are in fact animals, but that's a whole other subject that we won't discuss today) I had to resort to this.  This is actually a photo that I took today, but I wasn't actually in the presence of this peacock today.  This is a photo taken of another photo.  The peacock photo was taken during my San Diego trip in March of '11 and I took the picture tonight of my computer screen while I had the peacock photo window open...hence the pixels that you may be able to see on the picture.  Either way, it's still a pretty sweet picture that I should do something with rather than just having it stored on my computer for years on end.



No comments:

Post a Comment