Tuesday, October 25, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge - Days 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 & 25

Wow, I am behind on my photo posts!  I am sorry!!  I did in fact take a photo a day, I have just been too consumed with other things to dump the pictures off of my camera and blog about them!

Here goes:

Day 20: Bokeh.
Yeah, I had to ask (ok, not ask, but look up) what that word meant too.  I won't bore you with the long description from Wikipedia, but in a nutshell, Bokeh is when you have your main subject in total focus and the background objects are blurry.  Again, this was meant for someone with massive photography skillz and a honkin camera...I won't pretend that I actually knew what I was doing to get this shot--I think I tried 58 times to get the shot below, and even after 58 tries, it's not that great.  You will see some of the other 57 not-so-hot shots when I do my "out-take" reel at the end of the 30 days.



Day 21: Faceless self-portrait.
Probably the most difficult shot to try to pull off.  I don't know if this actually qualifies as "faceless" because you can still see part of my face, but it's my Photography Challenge, I'll use it if I want to.
Plus, this picture makes me think of "Wilson", the neighbor in Home Improvement.  He wore the same kind of hat; although with him, we could only ever see the top of his face, not the bottom like on mine.
I feel like Tim Allen should be popping over the fence any second now to ask for my advice on Jill & the Kids.



Day 22: Hands.
Thanks to my lovely mother and sister-in-law for allowing me to tinker with their hands to get a decent shot.  It would have been pretty tough to take a picture of my own hands.



Day 23: Sunflare.
I was worried about this one--it didn't look too promising on the screen on my camera, but I think it's one of my faves from this Photography Challenge so far!



Day 24: Animal.
My "niece" Ms. Maize Mae.  She hates posing for the camera, so I was very lucky to get this shot.  She prefers sniffing around the yard and barking at the squirrels to having her picture taken.  She sure is cute though, isn't she?  She's Beauty!!



Day 25: Something pink.
I had another "something pink" in mind, but then spotted these golf balls sitting on my shelf and placed them on my pink comforter.  As I was taking the picture, I realized how fitting it was being that the golf balls are for Breast Cancer Awareness and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!  I couldn't have planned it better, myself!  








No comments:

Post a Comment