Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Going Postal (Again!) at the bank

**Warning: Blog Post is shorter than it appears**

I am not going to tell the full story on this post for a few reasons:
A. I've told it a bunch of times already and chances are, if you are reading this, someone you know knows the story and can give you the in depth details and what "profanity" was actually used.
B. It's WAY to long to tell over type.
C. I've wasted two lunch hours, a few emails and several tried-but-no-answer-calls on this subject and I am about to be over it!

Anyway, remember back when I ranted and raved about the line at the drive thru at Wells Fargo?  That problem was MINOR compared to this one.  Now, I don't want to offend anyone who works at Wells.  I know a few of you out there either work, have worked, or know someone who works for the lovely establishment and I know you are great people...this is just me telling my story.  Or, wait, I forgot, I am not actually going to tell my whole story, but you get the gist.

Here goes...

Why do all of my bank problems stem from going to cash a simple check??  And better yet, why am I still going to cash/deposit checks??  I should take the advice from a friend and just download the app to snap a photo and have it directly deposited into my checking account.  Then, if really need the cash that bad, I can go to the ATM (the one without a fee of course).  I am all about customer service and keeping the PEOPLE employed, rather than machines, but after the hell I went through the past 4 or so days, I may have to bow down to a machine for future banking services.

Anyway, here are the cliff-notes from my experience:
- Thursday, October 13th, 2011 -- go to bank to cash check
- get advice from teller to 'quickly come into bank and talk to banker to adjust minor error'
- banker suggests moving a credit card to another account for a lower interest rate (totally unrelated to my inside visit in first place)
- Sunday, October 16th, 2011 -- visit wellsfargo.com to transfer money (also unrelated), see accounts are a MESS (for lack of better, internet-friendly words) and nothing that banker/i talked about is showing up.  A mysterious $102 'transfer fee' has also shown up.  send email to banker, request IMMEDIATE response Monday morning-- leave work phone and email
- Monday, no word from banker.  A few call, but no-answer, calls.  Monday over lunch-- go back into bank, speak to banker.  Banker denies getting email but suddenly sees it in inbox while i sit in bankers cube.  After a few phone calls on bankers end to bankers higher above, the account issues are solved, but fee is not.
- Still Monday over lunch, 35 minutes into visit with Banker --  Banker is on the phone with person XXX higher above, wondering about that fee.  I hear banker ask if it can be waved or if Ms. Wright can split it with us.  Banker gets put on hold.  Leiann goes Postal.  Leiann says "no" probably 6 times to banker, refuses to pay one dime of that transfer fee for an issue she didn't even come to bank for in first place.  Throw in a few very harsh profanities and Leiann is out the door, semi-threatening banker that if she doesn't hear from them by E.O.D, she will come back and continue to hound until it's resolved.
- Monday 3:00, still no word from banker.  Try to call branch, no answer there either; Leiann is really starting to question "customer service" and if it exists anymore.
- Monday 4:00.  Leiann finally gets hold of Banker, "still no word, I am waiting on (insert name here) to adjust it."  Leiann says she would please like an email by tomorrow telling her what the scoop is.
-Tuesday AM: Leiann opens email to see no email from banker.  Leiann emails banker, noting that no email came through telling her what the deal with the transfer fee is.  Banker writes back saying they is still working on it.
- Tuesday about an hour ago -- Leiann must have left quite the impact on the banker, or it's all just an act, she's not sure.  See email below:






No comments:

Post a Comment