Tuesday, October 4, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge - Day 4

Day 4: Something green



Money...the symbol of American Happiness; unless of course you lose it or don't have any.
This post resembles two things today-- one being the subject of course; my "something green" in my photography challenge.  It also represents the amount of cash I had to put in the vending machine at work today to purchase a rinky-dink bag of already popped popcorn.  "Wow" you may be saying to yourself... "that's a lot of money for a small bag of popcorn".  The bag was actually 95 cents but of course when I put my money in and pushed the buttons, the silver twirly thing that holds the bags in place got stuck halfway and the bag didn't fall.  I remained calm and casually walked back to my desk and pulled out another dollar.  Back to the machine I go, expecting to put my buck in, press B4, and have the silver thing twirl enough for both bags to fall.  Of course, I expected wrong.  Just the first bag fell and the second bag was hung up on some other non-necessary mechanism in the vending machine.  By this time, I am losing my cool.  I bang the machine a few times and casually turn around to see a table of ladies watching me lose my battle.  I didn't want lose face in front of these women, so I said a couple snide remarks about the machine and they gave me the go-ahead to pound the crap out of it.  I did a few running shoulder shoves into the glass, but that damn bag wouldn't budge.  I finally gave up, but not without final payback... I've always ignored the little friendly reminders on the vending that tell you if you lose money, to fill out a form and "we will get back to you".  When I've lost money in the past, I figured it's not worth filling out the form and bringing it all the way down to Purchasing.  Not this time though, I had had it.  I was down a dollar and had a bruised shoulder--Aramark isn't getting away with my dollar that easy.  I filled out the little form and marched it down to the appropriate person...
I should receive my dollar back next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment